Delaware Pool Fence Laws
Public Swimming Pools:
• Public swimming pools in Delaware must be in compliance with the Virginia Graeme Baker Federal Pool and Spa Safety Act
• Signed by the U.S. President Bush on December 2007, the VGB Pool and Spa Safety Act (P&SSAct) has been in effect since December 19, 2008. This code is designed to prevent swimming pool accidents.
• The VGB Act established U.S. CPSC standards for pool and spa insurance. Under the law, every drain cover must meet ASME/ANSI A112.19.8-2007 in all public pools and spas. The water facilities which have only one main drain different than an unblockable drain must establish a 2nd device to contend for entrapments.
• The fabrication, the trade or retail of drain covers which are not in conformity with the safety measures required by the CPSC is prohibited in USA to ensure that all drain covers accessible in the marketplace are compliant with safety specifications.
• Each public pool must set up anti-entrapment drain covers and implement other levels of security such as SVRS or barriers.
A pool contractor should verify that the pool and/or spa is compliant with the federal Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act.
For additional info about local safety requirements and regulations for private swimming pools, please call your city's building department. To get free swimming pool fence quote please call us at 1-888-919-2229 to be put in touch with a pool fence dealer near you.